Thursday, May 3, 2018

Ick

It was bound to happen eventually. Chicken with Potatoes and Olives sounds mundane. I like all the ingredients. It calls for pre-cooked chicken (I went the rotisserie route). I thought it was going to be a fast, unexciting, chicken-saladish dish to pull together. (Everything is bound together with yogurt)

It WAS fast. It was also nasty.
You don't LOOK revolting.
The problem, for me, was the spice blend. You toast fennel, coriander, and mustard seeds, grind them in a coffee grinder, then add to the mix.

1 tablespoon of mustard seeds is a lot of mustard. Like, A LOT. A ton. A mountain of mustard. My optimistic self thought that all the flavors would balance out. Nope. This was sinus-clearing, horseradish-level mustard flavor, with a floral backnote (the coriander?). I couldn't eat it. I picked at it, dumped it, ate and apple and almond butter, and called it a night. Needless to say, I woke up starving.
Oh, yeah--there's the ugly. All of this got tossed. It hurt my "waste not" heart.

Conclusion: Hated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment