Wednesday, September 28, 2011

365: No Repeats: Beef Fajita Burgers with Seared Peppers and Onions

Yay! I finally found a recipe that Matt--dare I say it?--liked! Beef Fajita Burgers with Seared Peppers and Onions (pg 25) was a nice twist on a standard burger. The burgers are seasoned with Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, thyme, hot sauce, and grill seasoning, then topped with a sauteed mixture of red and green bell peppers, onions, jalapeno, and tomatillo salsa.
A tasty mess.
Matt's only complaint was that the burgers were somewhat overcooked. That was my bad. I cooked them as long as RR instructed, then decided to add cheddar. I cut it too thick to melt quickly. Oh well. My only complaint is that the pepper glop absolutely would not stay on the burger. Oh well again.

Conclusion: Liked it. Spicy, with lots of flavor and lots of veg. And it was easy, so I'm sure I'll be making it again and again. It's nice to have something to contribute, burger-wise. Matt is usually the burger-meister of the house.

1 comment:

  1. I should have known better than to come over here this close to dinner time. Now I'm starving AND craving burgers! Messy or not, that burger looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete